Sunday, December 9, 2007

Graduation Day



It's been a crazy week for us it was my first week back at work and Sydney's been sick all week with a stuffy nose and cough. I told Brian I would be better about leaving at a decent hour but by Wed I was back to getting home at 6:30 and Thurs it was 6:45...oops.

Thurs morning I could tell she felt bad but she didn't have fever and slept well (9 hrs) the night before I really didn't want to take her to daycare but I had an all day client meeting I had to go to and Brian had a dr appt that a.m., what are the odds we both had things to do that we couldn't get out of? I felt really guilty for taking her to daycare and that I couldn't stay home with her but Brian picked her up after his dr appt so she was only there about three hours. Anyway later that afternoon she had fever and I also had caught her cold by this point and this was the night of Brian's Christmas party at work. I told Brian that I wouldn't go to the party and would stay home with her. I got home from work about 6:45 and I looked at Sydney and she just looked so sad when she caught my eye she gave just a little tiny smile as if to say, "I'm happy to see you mommy but I just feel too bad to smile." She was so sad and whined and cried most of the night, I did the hot shower trick and gave her Tylenol, by the time I put her down to sleep around 11 her fever was gone. She was in a much better mood Fri morning and didn't have fever, but the dr still wanted to see her. She just had a cold nothing major and she's doing a lot better now.

Anyway for the big news this weekend Cory graduated on Sat from UTD with a B.A. in Chemistry. Jason keeps calling him "B" since he got a B in biochemistry...I probably could never even get accepted to a biochem class much less get a B in it! She was 'dancing' with Cory in this picture and having so much fun! Congrats again Cory!

No comments: