Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!




Our year hasn't started off very well. The daycare called Brian this afternoon because Sydney had been screaming and crying and was inconsolable for over an hour. Brian went to get her and the nurse at the daycare checked her and she had a fever of 100.4 so Brian took her to the Dr...she has an ear infection. She's sitting here with me now eating, and of course trying to help and hold her bottle, while we wait for Brian to get back with her prescription.

Aside from her sudden illness the rest of our holiday break was a lot of fun. I had intended to post more while I was off, but always seemed to get busy. So here's a quick summary of what Sydney's been doing lately:

She has a perfect bald spot on the back of her head and it's funny because most of the kids in her class at daycare have the same looking bald spot in the same location. She rubs her eyes now when she's sleepy, which is helpful for us since it's sometimes hard to determine what she's fussing about. She's wanting to sit up so badly, if she's partially laid back in our lap, in her swing, inher bouncy chair, etc she tries so hard to sit up so her abs are getting a good workout! Maybe I'll start doing the same thing! I took her to Chuck E. Cheese last week with my group of friends that I grew up with and most of their kids. Sydney had fun just looking around and watching everyone. She had her first sleepover on New Year's Eve with my parents and she did great, she slept a little over ten hours for them so they're very ready for her to come back. I started taking the Christmas tree down yesterday and I don't think she was too happy about it because she liked looking at the lights and at the shiny ornaments.

I'm going to have to get Brian to post some during the week since he has more time on his hands and so we can keep everyone up to date better. Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments: